COVID-19 Nonprofit Support Fund
The Community Foundation has created the COVID-19 Nonprofit Support Fund to assist nonprofits that are struggling financially due to the pandemic. All donations to this fund will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Community Foundation, up to $1 million.
- Currently, our priority is to support 501(c)(3) nonprofits whose mission is to provide direct human services in any of the following areas: food, shelter, medical and mental health care, and homeless support. However, any organization meeting the eligibility requirements below will also be considered.
- Organizations must predominantly serve the residents of Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties.
- Your organization must have federal tax-exempt status under IRS code 501(c)3.
- If your organization meets State requirements, you must have a Michigan Charitable Solicitation license.
- Organization must be operating with “significant” programming/services or have a detailed plan to reactivate programming within the next 30 days.
- Your application must show need directly due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The fund supports staffing costs, technology, and other equipment needs that allow nonprofits to continue providing services or to meet increased demand due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Funding priorities may shift over time to meet the region’s changing needs. When that happens, other organizations considered for support will be nonprofits with deep roots in the community and a strong track record of community support.
- To be responsive to urgent needs in the community, grants and loans will be made in waves, potentially monthly.