Who We Are
CREATING VIBRANT, THRIVING COMMUNITIES
We're passionate about creating vibrant, thriving communities throughout Michigan's capital region. We do that by serving donors to meet their personal charitable goals, supporting area nonprofits with grants and coaching, and leading innovative projects that drive community growth.
The mission of the Capital Region Community Foundation is to lead philanthropic solutions that build vibrant communities in Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties.
OUR COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
As a community leader, we have a responsibility to take action to create a more just and equitable society. We condemn racism, inequity and injustice, and we believe it is vital that all people in our community are valued and respected, especially those who have been historically marginalized. We are passionate about building vibrant, thriving and inclusive communities that uplift everyone who lives in our tri-county region.
We pledge to work diligently with our partners – donors, nonprofits and other organizations – to achieve positive change in our community. While the Community Foundation has always devoted a major portion of our grant dollars to nonprofit organizations that serve racially disadvantaged communities, we must do more. We are fervently committed to lifting up those who are racially marginalized by increasing our proportion of foundation resources to nonprofits that serve people of color and efforts that promote racial healing. We will actively work to ensure racial diversity, equity and inclusion within the Foundation and with our nonprofit partners.
• A certified Michigan community foundation
• A Michigan nonprofit corporation
• A publicly supported tax-exempt organization classified under Section 501(c)(3) & 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code
• A member of the Council of Michigan Foundations
• Confirmed in Compliance with the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations
• A member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, the American Council of Gift Annuities, Lansing Economic Area Partnership, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, the National Committee on Planned Giving, and the Michigan Nonprofit Association
There are so many opportunities for people to make a big difference. The time is right for the Community Foundation to be able to do more and hopefully people will realize the Foundation is a wonderful vehicle for doing so.
– Deborah Harrison, donor