35 Hours of Giving
Strengthening nonprofits for the future
Hosted by the Community Foundation, 35 Hours of Giving is an endowment building campaign designed to provide a platform and resources to mid-Michigan nonprofits who wish to grow their agency endowment fund at the Community Foundation. For our inaugural year, 35 Hours of Giving ran from 7am on May 3 and until 6pm on May 4, 2023 at 35hours.ourcommunity.org.
See our 2023 At-A-Glance report!
For the pilot event in 2023, 17 nonprofits joined hands with the Community Foundation to participate in 35 Hours of Giving. Of these, 15 already held an endowment fund at the Foundation, while 2 used this opportunity to begin one.
Our 2023 participating nonprofits:
- Arts Council of Greater Lansing
- Burcham Hills Retirement Community
- Capital Area College Access Network
- CASA for Kids, Inc. Barry, Eaton & Ingham Counties
- Child and Family Charities
- Eaton Community Health
- Friends of Historic Meridian
- Hospice of Lansing & Stoneleigh Residence
- Impression 5 Science Center
- Lansing Concert Band
- Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Origami Rehabilitation
- Reach Studio Art Center
- Small Talk Children's Advocacy Center
- The House of Promise
- Woldumar Nature Center
- Youth Advisory Council
Thank you to our partners!
I believe highly in local nonprofits. I'm a big believer in the endowment - the opportunity for a small nonprofit to put their money in an organization that has the resources to make those dollars work better for them. 35 Hours of Giving is supporting these endowed funds.
– Eileen Fhaner