Capacity Building Grants
Capacity Building grants help an organization increase its sustainability and effectiveness by strengthening its internal systems. Capacity Building strengthens an organization so it can grow its impact and accomplish its mission. The Foundation does this by partnering with our Capacity Building grantees and other experts in organizational management. Capacity grant amounts vary.
CAPACITY GRANT TIMELINE:
- The 2023 Capacity Grant application period is now closed. (December 9, 2022 - February 10, 2023.)
- Applications will be reviewed by committee in late February with notification to awardees by early March.
Important to Know
- The first step in applying for a Capacity Building grant is a phone consultation with the Foundation. You can schedule your consultation by contacting Cindy Hales, Vice President of Community Investment at 517-664-9851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We strongly recommend that applicants for a Capacity Building grant have at least one paid staff person and an annual operating budget of at least $100,000.
- Applications will be reviewed by committee and final notifications made before the end of March, 2023.
Examples of Capacity Building issues include:
- Board Development
- Fundraising Planning
- Governance Models, Executive Leadership Development
- Long-range Planning, Succession Planning
- Staff Training and Development
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training
SAMPLE Capacity Building Grant Application (for review only, do not submit)