$10,000 to $75,000
Impact Grant Timeline 2023:
Preliminary Application Period: March 20 – April 28, 2023. The Impact Grant Committee reviews the preliminary applications and decides which will be invited to submit a full grant application. Applicants will be notified no later than May 26.
Final Application Period: May 26 – July 14, 2023. Full applications will be collected in July, reviewed by committee in mid-September, with notification no later than September 15.
IMPACT GRANT CRITERIA:
Impact Grants requests can range from $10,000 to $75,000. Impact grants are meant to increase the long-term impact of an organization or program, increase the organization’s ability to reach under-served populations, or enable two or more nonprofits to work collaboratively to create transformative and sustainable community change.
Important to Know
- The application process includes a Preliminary Application and, if invited by the committee, a Full Application.
- If you received an Impact Grant in 2022 you are not eligible to apply for an Impact grant again this year.
- Impact grants require a 1:1 cash match be secured before being paid.
- The Community Foundation will consider leadership gifts early in the capital campaign process to help leverage other giving.
Projects must meet at least one of the following Impact Criteria:
- Significantly increase the long-term impact of an organization or program, not provide for ongoing operations (routine expenses such as ongoing programming, occupancy, administration, etc.) For example, Impact grants will not purchase food for a pantry; however, we might purchase equipment that help a pantry stock healthier options to impact the health of their clients.
- Significantly increase an organization’s ability to reach underserved populations, rather than simply serve more people. For example, Impact grants are not designed to increase the number of people utilizing an existing program, but rather to help expand a successful program to have greater impact to a new, high-need population.
- Enable two or more nonprofits to work collaboratively to create transformative and sustainable community change. We welcome applications where two or more organizations are collaborating to implement a solution to a critical community issue.
IMPACT GRANT TIMELINE:
Preliminary Application: March – May, dates TBD. The Impact Grant Committee reviews the preliminary applications and decides which will be invited to submit a full grant application.
Full Application: Will be collected in July, reviewed by committee in mid-September, with notification to immediately follow.
LINK TO ONLINE APPLICATION - Opening in March 2023
SAMPLE Impact Grant Preliminary Application (coming soon)
SAMPLE Impact Grant FULL Application (coming soon)
Impact grant applications require a detailed project budget as well as the following attachments:
- If applicable, your Fiscal Agent’s letter of endorsement
- Your organization’s current operating budget (including all income and expense items)
- Letters of Support: At least one, but no more than three, letters of support for your application. Letters should verify the community need for your project and confirm any planned collaborations.
- List of board or council members - with their professional positions
- Most recent balance sheet – please note that as part of the review process, the Foundation may also request your most recent audit.
- If you are applying for a capital purchase, include any photos that may help the committee to understand the scope of the project.