Why Partner with the Community Foundation
As your clients' trusted advisor, you've helped build businesses, provide for families, and grow assets. They turn to you for advice, expecting guidance on options, including charitable giving. Your clients' best interests are key to your counsel. We're here to help.
The Community Foundation serves as a resource for attorneys, financial advisors, and tax professionals to simplify giving for clients, recommend strategies, and ensure funds have the greatest impact.
- You know your clients; we bring expertise in philanthropy and deep community knowledge.
- You seek effective giving channels; we create and sustain numerous customized, charitable investment vehicles. Click here to see an overview of the Foundation’s many types of funds.
ASSETS WE ACCEPT
At the Foundation, we accept the full range of assets, including:
- Cash (cash equivalents, including credit card donations)
- Publicly traded securities and mutual fund shares
- Closely held stock
- Limited liability companies
- Limited partnership interests
- Real estate
- IRAs, retirement accounts
- Life insurance policies
- Charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts
- Transfer of a private foundation
To discuss other types of assets not listed here and view our gift acceptance policy, contact Marcy Kinzer, Vice President of Donor Services, and learn if the Community Foundation can help.
The Community Foundation really provides a lot of guidance, expertise, and flexibility for clients who want to make an impact in the community. That’s the reason why I refer clients to the Foundation."
– Molly Petitjean, attorney, Buhl, Little, Lynwood & Harris